Visitors

Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Monday

In my line of work, the days can really start blending together.  I am an accountant at a rather large company in Portland, OR, and they just recently finished year-end.  Anyone familiar with year-end knows that things can get a little crazy, and that a lot of hours can add up really fast.  Burnout is almost a given, and it becomes increasingly difficult to not let it take over your life.  I was putting in 77 hours a week, and things were literally becoming a blur.  Fortunately I've been able to cut that back a little bit over this last week and spend some time with my family.  I am married, and have 2 little boys whose ages are 5 and 3.5.  They recently pointed to a picture of myself with them, and said to my wife "That looks like our dad.  We used to have a dad."  That was it for me.  I needed to take a couple days off to be with the family.  I now find it increasingly harder to spend this much time away from them. 
But for now, it will have to be just another Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment