Visitors

Monday, June 28, 2010

Resources

Greetings,
I have been working with adding some small improvements to my blog.  Although my blog has had an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed to a multitude of different viewers, it was brought to my attention that having an e-mail subscription feed was also a necessity. An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed", or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship. Web feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically (derived from Wikipedia).

I was able to set this up free through Feed Burner Google Feedburner which then sends a confirmation notification once the subscription has been requested.  There are also tracking statistics that can be requested at no cost.  I found this to be a really good deal, and I personally have all my blog subscriptions through e-mail.  I don't necesarily know if there is any benefit over using a "reader" for the same application or not.

Regards,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment